I started this blog to help my matches on FamilyTreeDNA and 23andMe. DNA testing has the potential to reunite long lost cousins but there are lots of barriers that impede this process and this blog attempts to help overcome them.
Trying to keep things simple whilst also achieving a requisite level of scientific accuracy is a challenge. As a result these pages are likely to undergo a continuous process of editing and refinement.
Use the menu to the right to go to your topic of interest.
And if you have any questions or comments, please do get in touch.
Other sources of information which you may find useful include the following:
- ISOGG Wiki page on autosomal DNA
- DNA testing for genealogy - getting started Part 3: autosomal DNA by CeCe Moore, Geni.com blog, 1 August 2012
- Autosomal DNA by Angela J. Cone
- Ask a geneticist by Dr. Erin Cline Davis, a science writer at 23andMe
- The atDNA gamble: playing the odds by Judy G. Russell
- FamilyTreeDNA's FAQ page relating to autosomal DNA testing